Posted January 07 2020
Deadline February 14 2020
Chaleur Sawmills, based in Belledune NB, is the result of a dream and the work of four local entrepreneurs, who along with a group of dedicated employees, built the company from its inception in 1994. Completely automated, the sawmill produces 172 million board feet per year, with raw material from both private wood lots and crown land. The lumber is marketed throughout North America, with the majority destined for the US Eastern Seaboard, by rail, and distributed by truck to the New England States and Canada. Chaleur Sawmills employs close to 200 people on the site.
Our Certified Millwrights are dedicated individuals that consult and collaborate with the Maintenance Team and others to coordinate maintenance activities to reduce downtime while maintaining safe work practices at all times. They are skilled individuals that troubleshoot process maintenance issues, are innovative in preventative maintenance practices and are passionate about their chosen careers. They contribute and foster a positive and innovative work environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for the maintenance, repair, installation & modification of all sawmill related equipment to safely maximize, uptime, quality and productivity.
• Certified Journeyman
• Superior troubleshooting skills
• Solid background in heavy industry and construction
• You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work with others to perform all aspects of maintenance activities.
• The ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
• Available to workday, afternoon, weekend & night shifts
• Completion of grade 12, a GED or a minimum of 5 years related work experience
• Good interpersonal skills and communication, enthusiastic, positive attitude
• Ability to analyze and troubleshoot
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes would be an asset
To express interest in this opportunity, you are invited to forward your resume and detailed cover letter to email@example.com by February 14, 2020.
Please indicate “Certified Millwright” in the subject line