Posted May 28 2019
Chaleur Sawmills, based in Belledune, NB, is the result of a dream and the work of four local entrepreneurs, who along with a group of dedicated employees, built the company from its inception in 1994. Completely automated, the sawmill produces 172 million board feet per year, with raw material from both private wood lots and crown land. The lumber is marketed throughout North America, with the majority destined for the US Eastern Seaboard, by rail, and distributed by truck to the New England States and Canada. Chaleur Sawmills employs close to 200 people on the site.
Casual employees are assigned to cover the shortage of employees in various departments of the company. Therefore, these employees can be called on days when they do not have an assigned shift.
The positions they are usually assigned to fill are as follows;
• Continuous clean up of debris and dust under equipment.
• Following safety rules at all times.
• Learn different positions on the mill production line.
• Shift work may vary, day or night.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Diploma or equivalent secondary diploma.
• Driver’s license
• Committed to safety
• Able to perform physical work with exposure to noise, temperature changes, etc.
To express interest in this opportunity, you are invited to forward your resume and detailed cover letter to email@example.com.
Please indicate “Labour Pool” in the subject line.